Added on: 29th July, 2017 by Mark_11173
Fantastic opportunity to join the region's most dynamic social enterprise here at HMR Circle
Salary: £17,000-£19,000 Per Year
Location: Suite F3, Lock 50 Business Centre, Oldham Road, Rochdale OL16 5RD
Hours Full time (37.5 Hrs/Week)
Duration 12 Months (Pilot Programme)
Reports to Director
About Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale Circle (HMR Circle)
HMR Circle is an innovative membership organisation that was designed by older people for older people to help its members stay sorted, connected and lead the life they want to lead. We connect members to each other to share interests, enjoy themselves and learn new things and we provide members with reliable, flexible help with life’s practical tasks such as DIY or gardening.
About the role
HMR Circle is a successful and growing social enterprise and you will be joining a small team with huge ambitions at the start of a new expansion programme.
We are currently preparing the launch of a brand-new pilot programme called Give and Take Care in partnership with Give & Take Care CIC who are based at Brunel University.
We have started to shape the pilot, and the systems needed to successfully take it to the starting line.
We need a highly flexible, organised ‘do-er’ who can help us to launch the pilot programme, bringing people together and successfully recruiting and managing an engaging and innovative befriending style programme.
Reporting to the Director, your role is to act as the first point of contact for
HMR Circle, working in the community. You will be responsible for marketing, promoting the programme and developing and managing Give & Take Care partners around it.
All HMR Circle staff are required to work with, and adhere to, HMR Circle policies, including those relating to safeguarding.
Amongst your friends, you are the ‘organiser’, the one who pulls things together.
People would describe you as passionate and involved in your local community. You are
focused on how community members can be each others’ solutions to everyday problems.
You believe in connecting people with each other to develop strong social networks, to
learn new things, to support each other with practical help and share hobbies and interests.
Required experience and knowledge:
• To be actively engaged in some way in your local community with an understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the work that HMR Circle undertakes across the borough;
• Experience of working with older people and/or knowledge of issues affecting older people would be advantageous;
• Experience in recruiting, training and managing volunteers or befrienders would be a benefit
• Knowledge and experience of existing services and potential partner agencies;
• Confidence in how best to sell the benefits that the HMR Circle pilot programme will bring;
• Experience of having to be proactive, using your own initiative whilst organising yourself and others, juggling competing demands;
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, data inputting);
• Ability to work to systems and procedures;
• A full driving license and access to a vehicle is advantageous.
• Outgoing personality and excellent communication skills, who gets on with people and enjoys helping others;
• Ability to establish rapport with a diverse group of people.
Other skills and attributes
• Have a creative and dynamic approach in relation to problem solving;
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to perform as a pro-active member of a small team;
• You will need to be able to work closely with existing Members in the pilot area, as well as seek new Members from across the area to join the HMR Circle and the support networks;
• You will be a self-starter, able to manage your own time and workload in the community, knowing that you have the support of a close team;
• You will have self-determination and be self-motivated to achieve targets;
• You will be someone who wants to develop their skills and embrace a programme of training and development.
What you will do in the role:
• Work across the pilot area, out in the community at a variety of locations to promote the HMR Circle pilot to new Members, to support existing Members and recruit, train and manage volunteers;
• Actively market, promote and sell the Circle pilot to people over 50 living in the pilot area;
• To help Members to take ownership of their local Circle activities e.g. support circles;
• To link up with community partners to establish co-operative work
Closing Date: 12 noon 07/08/2017
Contact: Mark Wynn
Rochdale Circle CIC t/a Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale Circle
Suite F3, Lock 50 Business Centre